Developing the Actual Inspection Program
Step 1: Schedule Regular Inspections Every Six Months
Step 2: Inspect After Major Weather/Construction Events
Start the inspection inside the building. Check interior walls and ceilings for signs of cracks, water strains, and settling of foundation walls.
Step 3: Check the Key Elements
These usually include but are not limited to:
- Roof covering condition
- Roof edging/fascia
- Flashing condition
- Supporting structures
- Roof drains & scuppers
- Pitch plans
- Roof penetrations
- Expansion joint covers
- Lightning protection systems
- Evidence of “pooling” or standing water
Your commercial roofing maintenance program should aim to:
- Keep the roof clean and free of debris
- Keep your drainage systems clear and functional
- Limit penetrations of the roof
- Repair areas with standing water or ”ponding”
- Restrict roof access to authorized personnel only
- Train maintenance personnel on ongoing maintenance needs
- Regularly check sloped roofs with overhangs for signs of ice dams and further insulate the attic as necessary
Step 4: Keep Detailed Records
By keeping accurate records of every inspection you’ve performed on your roof, you’ll be able to ensure that problem areas are properly monitored and prevent future damage to your roofing system.
If you can keep your commercial roofing system clean and in optimal condition through regular maintenance guided by an effective inspection program, you’ll be able to maintain the integrity of the roof and prolong its life by many years. Contact us today to speak with a technical representative for assistance with your roofing inspection.
How It Works
So why should you choose Roofing Masters Network for your residential or commercial roofing needs? Let Explain.
The Roof Repair Team
That You Need
We Make it Simple
Having RMN Roofing repair your roof is just one phone call or form fill away. We’re ready to serve you and make sure that you get the service you deserve.